Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Time at Home

I have to say that I am definitely enjoying my time at home so far. Nic got up early and made me breakfast in bed this morning!! He's the best hubby ever. He works so hard and such long hours and he still does everything in his power to make me happy. He made blueberry cream cheese filled french toast, cheesy eggs, beef sausage with a side of fruit! And I LOVE the happy carnations! Here it is before I ate it:



For those of you who don't know, the pressure of our little boy in my abdomen has caused an inguinal hernia to form, which isn't super common in women but can happen. I had surgery for one on my right side when I was 18 months old, so maybe I'm somehow predisposed to them. At any rate, everything is good with the pregnancy itself, and our baby boy is healthy, but when I'm on my feet for a period of time it starts to get painful. I also have really limited weight lifting restrictions now. As a result, it was decided that it would be better for me not to be working. We're hoping as baby gets bigger and things shift around again some of the pressure will be taken off that area. At any rate, I'll be able to get it fixed about a month after giving birth.

I've been a little bit blobby the last few days, especially since it's been so cold and snowy outside. I have lots of books to read before the baby comes... both fiction and birth/newborn related. I really want to get back into writing every day. It's hard to get back into once you've fallen out of the habit!

I've also been looking up and printing recipes and planning meals. It's hard sometimes since Nic is at work a lot and I have lots of meals by myself. I've found I don't always feel like eating what I've planned lately. I'll blame pregnancy cravings and such for that. Mostly if I decide I want something I really really want it until I get it. :) Nothing weird, though!

I need to organize the baby things we have received already and continue going through all the magazines I have so I can save what recipes and things I want to keep and get rid of the rest.

We have just over 15 weeks until my due date... and I know he could be here even before that! Lots to do, just have to motivate myself to do it while still staying off my feet most of the time and resting. I guess that's all for now. Here are some raspberry- and apricot-filled thumbprint cookies I just baked!



I should stop eating them... probably giving baby a sugar rush. I can feel him bumping around!

1 comment:

  1. You're just the cutest! Glad that you are ok--if you get bored give me a call sometime! I will keep my fingers crossed that Baby Boy will move around soon.

    ReplyDelete