Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Crafty people!

Ok, so first of all, Martha Stewart is magical. It's possible she is comprised of a team of crafty elves that combine into a glorious mish-mash of baking, cooking and decorating perfection. Every time I read Martha Stewart Living I get all excited and I want to just go MAKE something. And I really, really, really want to sew! Pillow shams! Costumes! Quilts! I want to scrapbook and make wall hangings and arrange flowers and garden and cook and organize things until everything is in its happy little place and my house smells like many baked goods and lilacs.

And then I realize. I am my mother. And she's cooler than Martha Stewart. Every year I get more planters of flowers, despite the fact that we don't actually have a garden. My cookbook collection is multiplying exponentially and I want to try silk embroidery, and paper crafts of all kinds. When I was growing up my mom always cooked wonderful, healthy food for me, and even though at the time I wasn't all that interested in cooking, I seem to have absorbed many of the things that she taught me. Now I love cooking! And it makes me happy that I seem to be good at it (although I don't understand how people can't follow a recipe.) I love knowing that if I have a question about cooking, I can call her up and ask anything and she will know the answer! I like to think that someday, when we have kids, I can pass on some of the things that I have learned from her on to my children!

I think I'm rambling but what I'm trying to say is that I love and appreciate my mom! And I'm happy to be like her in a lot of ways. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment